Tuesday 15 January 2013

Back To The Grinding Stone - Impetus: Order Knights

Now that the holiday season is out of the way, I was able to get back into my painting routine. The first project on the list to complete was a unit of heavy cavalry for my Teutonic Knights, specifically the Order Knights.

I decided for this entry I would post a few pictures of the layering process of the unit. A base-coat of P3 Hammerfall Khaki was applied to the comparison, lance and shield.


P3 Menoth White Base was used for the next layer. The paint was applied about half-way down the recesses up to the raised areas.

 P3 Menoth White Highlight was then used for the highlight layer. All the raised areas were covered.

I painted the center knight a little different as I may use him as a second general if needed. The crosses were painted with GW Chaos Black, with a center layer of GW Chardon Granite.

The base was sanded and flocked, leaving a few gaps for the ground. The gaps were painted with GW Scorched Brown, followed by a dry brush of GW Bestial Brown. A highlight dry brush of GW Bleached Bone finished the unit. 

Cheers and thanks for reading,

Tenz

No comments:

Post a Comment